Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Moreuil Wood comes to Canada (Part 1)

Way back in 2012 I visited Alberta and got to know two members of the Tetley family. Ed is a young family man, and his retired father Stan lives in Jasper. Ed phoned me yesterday to remind me that Jean-Paul Brunel, unofficial Moreuil Wood historian, is visiting Canada later this month.
Readers of this blog will know that J-P is a very keen promoter of the story of the Canadian Cavalry Brigade and their epic battle at Moreuil Wood on March 30th, 1918. My wife and I had the honour of visiting J-P in 2008, on the 90th anniversary of the battle, when he staged a moving ceremony in remembrance of the day.
More about Jean-Paul soon. In the meantime, here is what I wrote about the Tetleys and their connection to the Strathcona's in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment